RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 04:37 AM
rschaffer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I start working on the gear doors, I'm using Robart's electric retracts and an EMS Jomar gear door sequencer. I operate the gear, the door servo cycles first, then the gear retract. Flip the switch back, the gear extend, then the doors cycle. I figure, OK, just flip pin #2 in the sequencer, reverse the servo, should be fine. Nope. Door servo still cycles first. I've read in other forums where it seems the sequencer doesn't recognize the electric retracts. Experiment time...plug in two normal servos (as if for air operated retracts and for the doors), hit the switch, and guess what....all works fine. Gear retracts, then door servo operates. In reverse, door servo operates, then gear comes down. Has anyone figured out how to overcome this challenge? I'm using a JR12X, and although it has a door sequencing option, all that does is make the gear door servo operate really slow on the close. I actually want a delay, then doors close. Has anyone had any success with any of the gear door sequencers working with the Robart electric retracts? I know I have the option of putting the doors on a separate channel, but I don't necessarily want to have to remember to flip two switches during the retract sequence.

Also, anyone know when the wheels are coming off of backorder? It's a bit hard setting up the gear/doors without knowing how much room the wheels/tires will take up in the wheel well....

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!