RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 04:41 PM
codiddley
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Anthony- so, Proctor- Barth. Got it. The airframe comes with a Brison 100cc gas twin. A little on the small side, but it would probably fly the plane in a scale manor. Of course I dream of throwing a big radial on the nose, but that might not fly with my significant other. Or my credit card company. Total ~$6K for an airframe and motor is a little rich for me. I'm sure a DA-150 or DLE-170 would be perfect for it, but I dream of the Evo 7 cyl 260cc... I'm hoping to fly it for the next year or two with the stock motor and save my pennies for the Evo. I might be selling a few things to help me cover the costs as well.

Anyway- I'm glad I found such a beautiful plane for what seems like a very decent price. I guess I won't know until I can make the 2,000 mile round trip to pick it up!

I have a NIB AMR 33% Waco sitting in my airplane closet. If I sell that and one of my other 100cc aerobatic planes it would just cover the new engine. Only problem is, I still want to build the AMR! D'oh!