RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fear of YS engines
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 12:48 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kochj
I have purchased my 1st ys engine!!!
I ALWAYS wanted to get one since I saw a YS 110 in a QQ yak 54 69"....
The sound, the power...wow.....

I had heard the older ys 1.20's and .90's were a bit futsy....so I looked for the ys 110, 115, and 170.. but I took a chance on a brilliant DZ1.60
It was used, and came with a like new hatori muffler (can't call them a pipe, becuase it isn't tuned per say)

When it arrived I was in love.... I have had saito 4-strokes, OS 2-strokes and a couple of china OS coppies Magnum .91.

I didn't have any YS 20/20 so I used some wildcat 15% nitro and 100% synthetic... I wanted some more oil so I added a titch of Sig Castor...( YS calls for 20% I believe it was 18% prior to adding the castor)
Yes I know that castor is a NO NO! ...but it was for 1-2 min of running..

The engine had very little use, and EXCELLENT CARE.....I looked inside prior to running and it was PRISTENE....not a HINT of rust!....
It was VERY well cared for. The owner claimed he used the same 100% sythetic oil as used in Cool Power ?
I picked up the recomended stuff that is 10$ a BOTTLE... but it is a BIg bottle...

It ran great right out of the box..... I even had it under proped (apc 14x13 or 12) anyhow..it ran great....
This was all on a test stand...but I can't wait.... I should have gotten one sooner...

It will be going in a TopFlite .60 size Corsair..
It will be reinforced so it will not rip appart...

YS engines gets my nod... Will be purchasing more in the future.. Unless it sudenly becomes a turd while flying with it..

I would also like to purchase OS 4strokes as well....like the 155 or 200 4 -strokes with pumps... ..
Expensive? yes... but they are really great engines..... anyone want to try to make one for less??? Good luck....

Peace ...
A DZ160 on 30% nitro will swing a APC 16.5 X12 at 8200rpm. On a 60 size moded this engine is way over kill, but if it fits and balances ok it will be a nice combination.

A DZ160 or bigger is a much better engine than the OS155-200. A DZ160 will perform as well as the OS200.

As for using castor, a small amount will not affect how the engine runs. In all my engines i use 1% castor oil and multi viscosity coolpower synthetic oil. 20% in the glow engines and 10% in the cdi engines. The standard blue oil is a bit thick.