RCU Forums - View Single Post - Real Vulcanized rubber tires for pan cars/Touring cars
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 AM
jeffpressley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real Vulcanized rubber tires for pan cars/Touring cars

I am a machinist/Tool & Die maker and have been an RC addict for years. About 10 years ago I became tired of replacing the foam tires that everyone was running on their rc cars. Because of this I designed molds that I could produce real rubber tires in the same dimensions as the foam. I have been running these tires for years and have been very pleased with them. The neat thing is that you can use off the shelf tire treatments to soften the tires to your liking. The tires are designed to glue onto your stock wheels. They are best on asphalt and cement. I have not tried them on carpet but I don't think they would work very well. I'm thinking about selling a few sets and let you guys try them out. I can ship 1/12 scale now and will be able to ship 1/10 scale in a week or two. I have not made the molds yet but would anyone be interested in a set for your touring car? Looking for some feedback. Let me know what you think.