RCU Forums - View Single Post - ucando no more
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 09:13 PM
sparkplug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ucando no more

Well I got a ucando last week and completed it for my regular sunday flying.

It had a .61fx with a 12x4 and JR 4721 for rudder and JR537 for everything else. The model balanced perfectly with no weight anywhere. So far so good. I take it to the field start up the engine and it ran flawlessly so I decided to taxi it and it went into the air like a dream. I needed 3 clicks of aileron and it flew straight as an arrow at half throttle. I did 2 circuits around and decided to see if it would go vertical without any issue and it did not ballistic but it went straight up with little trouble then I decided to kick over the tail and head towards the ground to do a fly by so throttle back and kick over the tail and at idle let the plane come down since the plan did say be carefull of flutter. But wait on the way down with the throttle at idle I hear a quick flrrrt and their goes half the wing going one way and the rest of the plane coming towards tera ferma doing a spiral.

So with that being said flutter is a big deal on this plane since the plane was gliding down and it fluttered on one aileron at half throttle I was able to do 2 cuircuits without any issue. What really surprised me is how little time it took to loose half a wing. Their was just a little flutter noise and within a mili second their goes the wing. I would have expected an aileron to let go but a whole half a wing that is odd. The rest of the wing stayed on the fuse even after it hitting the ground in a single piece.

I decide to share this with you since I was hoping to use this plane to do some 3d flying but I guess I will need at some other plane since this one does not work for me.

Enjoy!