RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Hobby sold!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

I did post about how bad things were, I understand now that HH in the UK are making big losses. We all are, business costs in England would leave you guys cold, I pay my local council $1500 a month "tax" for having my business in their area, the business is on a private road, so even the street lights are paid for by me, I clean the road outside my building...

I loved HH business policy in England, right until I realised they were "propping up" many of my competitors who sold at stupid low prices and clearly didn't make enough money to survive...and pay the bills. They could sell incredibly cheap...cause they were not paying their bills.

My company originated way back as World Engines...my father imported Radio from John and Super Tigre for 45 years, then Hobbico bought ST....and that was that! John Maloney gave me my first ever aeroplane (Graupner Dandy) in 1968. I started Motors & Rotors in 1994 and for a few years things were great and I was able to prop up my fathers business...then the internet got going and that was the beginning of the end in my mind. I now wait for the next phase when all the big give away 'dreamers' go pop. All things are not equal in business, especially in England.

Who knows what this buy out will do to HH, in England it can only focus a change, which is needed.