RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aeroshell 500 Prohibited
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 09:10 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

2walla and all,

I just recieved yet another K-140 and the customer is running Amsoil Dominator 2 stroke oil. He has 16hrs on his turbine and the bearings are worn out already. He has some goopy tar like substance all over the back of the turbine from his oil. I don't understand why our customers are expermenting with 2 stroke inferior oils when we pay thousands of dollars to purchase a turbine. 2 stroke oil is designed for internal combustion piston engines that run at 200-250* F. Our turbine as you know runs at 400-650*C or 700-1200*F. It appears that the 2 stroke oil is vaporizing before it has a chance to lubricate the bearings properly.

I read how guys are saying they have 6-8hrs running 2 stroke oil and in their opinion all is fine when actually the real damage is just starting. The whole idea of using Turbine oil is to get a good 25hrs before servicing them, not 6- 10 hrs.

Better example, I get turbines in with 25+ hrs running KingTech oil & Diesel and the internals are very clean with no coking. I have told some customers running our oil to go to 35hrs and send it in for its next service. Our oil is extremly healthy for the bearings and they are lasting much longer.

To every one reading this, STOP USING AEROSHELL 500 & 2 STROKE OIL!!

Regards,
Dirk
KingTech Service