RCU Forums - View Single Post - Towards Improving RC Tank IR battles: An Easy, Reversible Simple Process
Old 12-11-2013, 10:32 PM
reyemmanuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate, thanks for the response. Appreciate discussions such as this as it progresses us further and limit falling out of the hobby.

The key here is simplicity and reversibility. Can be done within 1 minute, and reverse in 1 min...no fuss, no wires, no whining

All of us knows here that the clark board offers the next generation in IR battling...(i was kinda working on Gen 2 IR battles) but realised that progression is not that easy for most..especially Tamiya owners. That's why I'm kinda looking into Gen 1.1 IR battles, still based on the Tamiya technology.

No, benchmarking is not my aim here, simply putting this to the test (in a repeatable and verifiable manner) then publishing it in the open. It is up to RC tankers.

As for battle scenarios...this is based on simplicity, so WWII tanks would be one category, whilst Post WWII would be another....

However, its up to the battlers if they fancy a single Leopard 2A6 agains 4 King Tigers...but to make this work out....The MBT would now have "NO PRISM BUT WITH FINS" which in effect limits IR penetrable range to within an average of 2.5 m only (see test results below dated 12 Dec 2013). Meaning the King Tigers need to close in 40 m (real) (2.5 m in IR battle scale) to penetrate the Leopard 2A6 whilst the 4 KTs can be penetrated 80 m (real) away (5 m in IR battle scale).

As for mixing up fast tanks of WW2 era with modern-I guess, even with Leo2s mobility and armour advantage, the Leo would have a hard time killing all the 4 light tanks unless this was in open desert warfare.

cheers,
Rey

Last edited by reyemmanuel; 12-12-2013 at 05:55 AM.