RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig bonanza kit
Thread: Sig bonanza kit
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Joelefty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig bonanza kit

Hey guys, relatively new to the hobby and first post here. I'm looking for a little information on a vintage sig beechcraft bonanza kit. I came across one of these kits recently for a fair price and considering buying it. Here's my question: it appears to be the A36 T tail version not the V35 v tail. Does the kit give the option for a v tail? Or would I have to do a custom conversion? I realize some may respond and say I shouldn't attempt this kit as a first build which is good advice. However, I believe my 20 years as an accomplished cabinet/furniture maker put this within my capabilities, not to mention the experience I've had rebuilding my Aerostar 40 trainer after each crash as I've been learning to fly.

This will be an important project for me, well...really for my dad. For many years his pride and joy was his full scale V tail bonanza. We have tons of memories flying in that beautiful plane. He went through a bankruptcy several years back and of course they took the bonanza. He was crushed when he handed over the keys and watched as it was taxied away. He hasn't flown since. I intend to build the kit as an exact replica of his bonanza. Same tail numbers, paint scheme, working lights retracts, the whole nine yards. He's not into RC but he's interested in my interest in rc flying and I know he would love to see me fly a scale replica of his plane. Hopefully I'll have the skills to fly it by the time it's finished.

any input will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance. This is a great site!