RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question about old FM radios vs new radios
Old 12-19-2013, 04:43 PM
hitcttd
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildnloose
Yes,
they even have telemetry.
But I would not call it first class equipment. you can tell the quality by looking at their board circuitry. I call it second class.

Still, its the best bang for the buck. Oh, and did anyone mention their 16 channel transmitter??

I guess the best thing to say is that its good to have options. Personally, I would just fly with what I have (least cost). In the meantime, read up on all 2.4 brands, then decide which one you want to use. Its going to be a hefty investment so don't rush.

And look around, you will be surprised what comes by sometimes. I helped a friend grab a mint condition Futaba 7c (with 2 receivers) for $100 (no, its not stolen....yes, he stole it).
Thanks for the info. That was my plan exactly - to get something inexpensive to get the wheels spinning again. I've never skimped on RC equipment in the past but don't want to make a huge dent in my wallet just as I'm getting back. I'm only looking at sport planes right now. Eventually when I get into the bigger and 3D stuff again I'll get a full set.

Thanks again, and I would love more info on the telemetry if you've got it.

Happy holidays!