RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Rascal 110
Thread: Sig Rascal 110
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 03:02 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bikerbc, I use Futaba S3010 high torque servos on all but the throttle where a S3004 is all you need. These servos have been trouble free and I also have them in a couple of other of my large type planes. They are priced nicely for my budget @ about $23 ea. Other thoughts for your Rascal would be installing a Sullivan tail wire kit to beef up the horz. and vert. stabs. My gut told me to do this! I like to dress up my planes even if they are not actually a scale model. I painted the interior, added a full length pilot shelf with 2 smallish 1/4 scale pilots seated in tandem. I used the supplied instrument panel after laminating it for gloss and longevity. I also added scale like NC numbers on the wing and vert. stab. A 1/4" silver trim tape stripe separates the white and the blue sections and I have a fax door done on each side with thin black trim tape. Just little details that I enjoy doing. With my Saito being inverted I also added a remote glo igniter port. Is your's a new one with flaps and what color, red or blue? I too built an Elder a couple of years ago and covered it with cream colored Coverite Century 12 fabric covering. I am happy with how it went on, shrunk up, and still looks good although the plane isn't flown very often. It is pricey tho. What covering are you using?