RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Carb issue - Fabric settings
Old 12-25-2013, 12:28 PM
gescobar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Racing Carb issue - Fabric settings

Hi, I just bought a new Tornado S30 and I'm a newbie.
Following the instructions I started my Tornado s30 puling the cord, it started but it was stoping after I pulled the glow igniter off. Therefore, after reading some threads, I turned the HSN clockwise (1 1/2 aprox), this worked out but the car started to accelerate and move its wheels too fast (it was not only "erratic" behaviour but too fast).
The next step I took was to adjust the idle screw counter clockwise, I thought I had to close the carburator gap (less air -> less acceleration and wheels would not move so much). This is the point where I failed, in some moment the idle screw kind of got out and the carb got dealigned. In this point I started to move the carburator back and forth adjusting both LSN and Idle screw. In some moment I could put the carb in place. Reading redcat racing site I found that LSN fabric setting was about 2 1/2 counter clockwise (after moving it clockwise until it stoped). The idle screw leaves a gap of about 1-2mm. The car started again; however, it is now accelerating TOO MUCH in idle, it was full speed and I had to turn it off because it is obvious there is something wrong. My questions are:

1) Can I be sure that I reassembled the carb correctly? Is there any test I can do or any site to read? I guess there is too much air coming in, could there be a memory leak in the carb because it is not correctly reassembled?

2) What can I do to adjust the needles in a correct way to don't have it moving the wheels at top speed at idle (probably fabric setting, in case it is different from what I did)?

Thanks a lot in advance!!