RCU Forums - View Single Post - What planes are your Diesels in?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 12:58 PM
FSII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guy's I'm the builder and owner of the Mills Bomb referred to by Fiery, I go by the handle of Red Zephyr in another forum.
FWIW I've now built 4 Mills Bombs, they've all been 3 channel RC (Throttle Rudder and Elevator) the first was powered by an unreliable Enya 09, that along with some poor wood selection saw it eventually go to Mills Bomb heaven, the second was originally built for Electric power using a 3S1P 1300mah lipo, I built it as a park flyer when I lived in Sydney (Australia), I scrapped it due to some fatigue issues with the "fuse" structure, the third (in Fiery's photos) was the second fuselage rebuilt in a hurry to get my PAW 1.49 in the air and get some ether fumes lurking in my lungs again, this one become oil infused and at one point at home fell apart in my hands. Yes I do have a fourth but have yet to "post build" test fly it, Oh, I used the same wing for the first 3.

As Fiery says, I made a small change to the original plan (apart from making it 3 channel) in that I extended the wing span by making the section of wing that sits over the "fuse", I did that to make a bit more room internally.

I see there is a bit of conjecture about the wing span, the plan that I have says it's 35 inch, I've taken a photo which I'll attach along with a few more pics of MB III. I'll drop the plan into Fiery next week for him to copy.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0053.jpg
Views:	779
Size:	459.0 KB
ID:	1951470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Beer 063.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	1951471   Click image for larger version

Name:	Beer 066.jpg
Views:	768