RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jetlegend 1/6 Scale F16
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 10:11 AM
andretorres89
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mark V,

Thanks for taking your time to present your model to us on RCU. Im amazed how you stayed with the internal rudder link. I just got the plans from GJC with the inside diagram of the fin. I personally rather cut the fin; however i will need to find a smaller but strong rudder servo that will fit inside the fin. Any thoughts anyone?

Ill be using a k-170 as it came with my plane. Before i bought my f16 it was flown by Bill Hemple. The previous owner claims they forgot to fuel it on its second flight but after further inspection i noticed the aircraft wasn't fuel plumed as it should and the right tank would "be empty"at half full, which caused the flame out as he thought he had more fuel. That led to an emergency landing off the runway which fractured the main gear former and it broke the gear. Surprising enough, there are only very minor scratch marks where the nose door is at and when one of the main gear broke and rotated to the side it cracked the fiberglass above the gear door. The gear doors broke off so minimal damage there and luckily the two bottom fins just minor scratches as well. I bought the plane since then and this is my first jet. I was also informed it was a Skymaster when i bought it.( being that all i wanted was a skymaster and i didn't even know what GJC stood for) I had never experienced jets before and of course without enough knowledge on it i got screwed but im trying to make the most of it. The fuselage has been handed to a fiber glass/ composite guy in town that fixes jets for the local and all the cosmetic plus the former will be fixed and all back to how it used to be.

Any one has any issues with the smaller air cylinders nipple just braking off of the cylinder? the gear is brand new and two of the nipple broke right off...any suggestion on how to beef that up? or any other similarities with your guys gear?

Are you guys using the original pipe?

Did you guys change the location of the main gear?

I would also like the know the same info that Gary just posted.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload (1).jpg
Views:	733
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	1951781   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	730
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	1951784   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.JPG
Views:	719
Size:	102.8 KB