RCU Forums - View Single Post - Servo reverser in a Gas airplane?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 10:36 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by av8tor1977
I am hoping to be allowed this somewhat off topic post because the only radio forums are manufacturer support only, and this is not a manufacturer specific question.

I have a servo reverser on one of the elevator servos in my Giles 202 with a 30cc gas engine. The reason I have it is because if I do a program mix in the transmitter with this particular setup and set up both servos to work together, the trim only trims one of the elevators. So I use only one channel for the elevators, and a servo reverser on one of the elevator servos. However, and this is a known problem with the reverser I used, the servo changes it's center along with changes in temperature. When it is cool in the house, the elevators are not aligned. When I take the plane out and let it sit in the sun and warm up for a bit, the center slowly changes until the elevators are once again aligned as I had set them. Sometimes you can actually watch the elevator half move as the reverser warms up.

Now, the question I have is some time ago I bought a World Experts servo reverser to install to hopefully fix this problem. It is supposed to be a better servo reverser unit. Does anyone know if it is a good unit and/or if it has any known problems. Is it reliable?

Please note that I know about JR and Futaba servos being reversed to one another respectively, and I know how to dis-assemble a servo and reverse it. I have done both in the past. In this case I would rather just plug in the World Expert servo reverser if that will be a reliable course of action.

Thanks in advance for any info,
AV8TOR
What radio are you useing. This should be a program already in your radio if modern.
Grump no Two.BC