RCU Forums - View Single Post - Os 160fx - 0s 200fs p
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 06:41 PM
kiwibob72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a look through the thread and found his name then website earlier this morning. I'm going to keep him in mind as I have family in Melbourne I can have it sent too should I need another one (as I'm sure I will at some point).

Quick question though, what's the depth from the firewall to front of cowl/back of spinner/prop on that plane of your's?- the DLE30 & 35 come with standoffs for 160mm.

I ask as I've found this out today on my 30cc Sbach, in that the airframe is setup for that 160mm 30/35cc standard depth, yet my CRRC's mounts allow for 140mm (just as well I know of a few decent light engineering shops who could make me a new set of engine mounts simple enough - the vertical centering needs adjusting too - so spacers won't cut it in this instance). Least it's not a biggie.
The attached pic show's my issue, as the DLE30's mounting points are centered at 54 & 70mm, and are centered on the X & Y axis from the prop - which makes mounting really simple (my vertical centering is centered off the main beam, not the TOP of the main beam/prop center as it should be).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	201062313440497.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1952696