RCU Forums - View Single Post - The New F86D Dog Sabre
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 09:36 AM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Countryboy
Yes, notice in the second photo that I posted that the end of the jig in the pipe is at the location of the pipe opening and not at the face of the bellmouth . This is the distance I have come to understand that the correct turbine exhaust nozzle to pipe distance should be gauged by. Right or wrong, the stock Jet Legend pipe in my F-4 has shown no evidence of heat related issues after 30 flights and numerous ground runs. Granted, you did have a much smaller area to work in as compared to my F-4. I just think I might have done it a little differently, however you got the job done and that's what counts. Good luck on your maiden.
Thanks for the clarification. Hey, it looks like your exhaust cone (on the engine) is actually INSIDE the thrust tube? I've been told to keep it about 1/2" to 5/8" away from the face of the bellmouth. Am I doing it wrong? I've also read where some guys have a separate pipe they stick up the butt end of the jet during startup to keep any wet start fires from consuming the jet. Anybody heard of this?