RCU Forums - View Single Post - D&B 5.1 Twin Ignition
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's to say the DA and 3W caps are actually still made in the USA?

I just got my D&B 5.1 back from Ken Baker at Ridge Machine today. Ken went the extra-extra mile to get my engine
back to me in the absolute best condition. He tested the ignition for several hours looking for anomalies to which he
found none. Not one misfire in over 6 hours of ignition testing. He then completely went through the carb to make sure
it had all the upgrades and also replaced all gaskets. He then personally ran the engine and tuned it for peak performance.

Ken deserves a call-out here and some recognition for his knowledge, help, and professionalism.

Absolutely the best service and communication I have ever experienced in 45+ years of being in the hobby.

The late and great Miles Reed used these engines exclusively in his 85" Solution X bipes. That is plenty good enough for me.

When Miles flew......everyone watched....and learned how to do it right without all the gadgets and gizzmos.

Miles had "The Right Stuff"...he also had the right equipment. Maybe not the latest and greatest but it always
performed flawlessly and with authority.

Dennis Wann
Bryan, OH