RCU Forums - View Single Post - The New F86D Dog Sabre
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 12:07 PM
mtnflyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pull Up Now!
sounds like you're getting tired of this discussion. That's fine, but remember every product you use was the subject somewhere of exhaustive meetings and debates to get it right. This discussion rocketed this thread to the top 10 RCU at one point, which means front page billing and more exposure for Modellbau and more education for everyone. Not a bad thing. I'm not sure if you mistook the discussion for arguing. If so, not my intent. My tanks are installed and set up just the way you recommended. I just took the time to verify it all, including my side trip with that Tank #1 vent position. It's not just about flying inverted, etc. Tygon hardens after a while, sometimes leaving the clunk above where it should be. Sometimes hard landings or carrying the plane kink the clunk, too. Your recommended setup makes sense on several levels.

Happy New Year everyone!
Sorry if my last comment of 'my last post on this topic' came across wrong. I just ran out of constructive input and didn't have anything else to contribute. My guess is that you may have other questions in the future on the wing tube, elevator servo mounting, landing gear install - all areas that most of us struggled with at one point or another. If so, please ask and I will try to provide help. Best of luck with the F-86, and yes, Happy New Year!
Regards,
Gus