RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Helion Dominus 10SC Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 09:10 PM
wanna_be_racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all.

First off, I'm fully aware this is the SC thread, however, I did not see a need in creating a new Official thread for the TR and figured I'd post here. If I am wrong, and there is in fact a TR thread, please point me in the right direction and ignore this. I'm not trying to create anarchy.

I picked this up for Christmas for the sheer fact that it was $250. So far, it's been an absolute blast. I read up before buying it and bought the slipper with the truck as well as threw in a spare Savox servo I had laying around. Eliminated what seems to be the biggest issues with the truck right off the bat. I took the Reaktor system out and put in a MMp + 5700kv system from my E-Firestorm. It was much too powerful in that rig and I felt this would be a great alternative for the power. I was right on the ball. It's wild on 3s. But a bit of gearing change fixed that to a manageable degree, as well as some programming tweaks on the ESC side.

I've managed to not break anything yet, minus the rear tires coming unglued from 3s power. Truck is much more durable than I figured it would be. Took many a cartwheel and tumble. I've got some 2.8 desperado's and some matching Badlands ordered. Should be here soon.

For my second electric, I'm absolutely impressed. For $250, with the stock setup, I don't think you can beat it for a basher or a beginner. Just my two cents, and figured I'd drop a line.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0178.JPG
Views:	2939
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	1953320