RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th scale buggy top speed comparisions.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:19 AM
Raeodor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8th scale buggy top speed comparisions.

Still waiting to get my Backdraft 8e. From all the videos i've seen ( and there a lot of them) this thing is lightning on 4 wheels. Out of the box this thing is running around 50 mph. For some reason no one has actually recorded its top speed or is hiding the video somewhere cause youtube has no actual recorded speed. I have seen a video where a guy raced his vs 4 others (revo,jato....) the Backdraft blew them all away.

I see people trying to talk me into a hurricane. Yes the buggy is more well put together with its sturdier and stronger parts, but from all the videos I have seen of the Hurricane (which for some reason there are very, very few) all the extra engineering put into this thing seems to have cut the top speed remarkably. If I had to venture a guess I would say its doing 35-40. I know these arent build for straightaway speeds but I gotta say im disapointed with the hurricanes top speed. I would figure it would at least match the backdraft on speed but it really looks a lot slower.

Is there someone out there who has actually tested these two stock with there top speeds? I cant figure out why its so hard to find a record with either of these buggys.

I would really like some proof instead of someone just saying "well they have identical or near identical gear, so therefore they must be similar in top speed".