RCU Forums - View Single Post - What was the worst RC accident you've had?
Old 01-11-2014, 09:42 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in the mid 80's, I had the Tamiya Frog. The hobby store had a new already painted ZZ Top body that was identical to the one on their album. I saved my money cutting grass to buy it. I took my time to mod the Frog to get the body to work on it. When it was done, I set it on a shelf cause I really didn't want to hurt the body but after a while, I got the urge and wanted to show it off. I went out front in the street and just drove it around, slow and cruising. To this day, I don't know why, but I looked away for a brief few seconds and at that very moment, a neighbor was backing out of their driveway in their big black Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham and ran up onto the front end crushing the front suspension and body. I Screamed bloody murder (as if she ran me over) and started yelling at her. She looked out the window of the car and asked if I was okay. I said yes but you are running my car over. She said, "Oh, looks like I hit your toy". I told her to pull forward and guess what she did? Yup, backed up and completely finished it off! My new body, wasted, everything else, wasted AND since I had cut the antenna mast down cause I didn't want it sticking out of the body ( anyone who had earlier Tamiya's know that the antenna mast was pretty heavy steel mast that could also act as a roll bar) had punctured her tire. She got mad, grabbed me by my shirt and dragged me to my house where she demanded my parents buy her a new tire! Well, my dad was not someone to be yelled at and that is a whole other story!!