RCU Forums - View Single Post - OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm on a rant here....and before you blast me..please read!!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:50 PM
cublover
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm on a rant here....and before you blast me..please read!!

Does anyone have any problems with people who post ads on here??...Here is my thoughts about they way some of you handle transactions!! Today,,, There is a guy who has an Engine for sale. "Stock Photo", As I always do, when wanting something, I might offer the Gent something less than what he is wanting, "Deal" or I have to ask if he wants to trade,, I post it, but keep it private...its not EVERYONE'S biz on what I'm offering, and if you/seller don't want the offer, nobody knows what I offered!! I think to myself it keeps the low balling down to a min!... Anyway,,, I live on the "ratings" that RCU offers...If you have something I want, and you have say,, 30 ratings,, with everyone say'n how good of a buy'r/ seller you are...I'll send out the cash or trade first thing in the morning if you accept my offer.."I don't want my rating's bashed at all"!!! So, anyway,,,today I asked this guy if he might be interested in a trade for another engine. he said no, and I moved on.. This afternoon, I guess he thought to himself he might need my engine, and he mailed me again, asking what I was offering in detail....so I went into it...sent the mail, and waited for a reply....In waiting for the reply,I send a second mail and, I asked him to look at my ratings so he would be assured I was not going to screw him at all...I then found another picture of the engine at work, and sent it to him... I DID however tell him that since he had just one rating, that,,,,,,,,,,,((( make sure you understand what I said before you bash)))),,,,,,,,,,,, all he had to do, was box it up, ship it out and when I get a conformation from the tracking number, "Checking the weight" so on and so on,,, That I would send out my engine the next day....Now mind you,,,I was doing this on ratings, Again,,,, he had 1..... You, reading this,,Take a look at mine!! Would you have a problem doing this kind of deal?... and if so,,,why??..I just don't get it!! I sold 2 planes off RCU within the last couple years...The first one was a P-40, 1800.00$ the guy who bought it, looked at my ratings and sent me a mail say'n he was not worried at all...we made arraignments for transport to LA from Reno 3 weeks later,, for the shipment and, it went FLAWLESS!!!!! Buy'r happy, and posted the fact on my ratings!!! I just sold a Cub,,,,,$800.00 this guy waited a week till I could get it to him Reno to Bishop CA... AGAIN,,,happy and posted it to my ratings!! So back to today's "Deal".... he just emailed me about 30 mins ago, and said he didn't feel comfy sending his engine like that, and he wanted me to send cash,,,then when he got the engine he would put the cash back into my account or send it back...I sent him a reply and said,,,Really?? did you see my ratings?? I told him I felt that was an insult as well. I also told him that if he wanted to do the deal, I would make sure he got a great rating from me, so folks like you, knew he was an upstanding guy!!... I have bought things from guys who had 25 or more "Good" ratings, and I DON'T even think twice about it. But now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm getting to think that the guys on this site don't even look at ratings,,,or I guess they don't mean a hill of beans to anyone!!! I'll tell you,,,if I was the guy I was wanting to trade today,,I would have looked at the ratings, and sent out the engine if I really was in fact interested on doing the trade.

I just think guys, that if you ever get someone wanting to sell you something, or buy something from you...if the guy is upstanding, and honest,,why in the world would you make him wait for 3-4 weeks until the check clears and turns yellow in the sun??..send the crap out!!!... You guys do what you want,,,but If I ever offer you money or trade, and you don't have at least 5 good ratings,,,, I'll ask you to send the product to me first... Or,,,I might ask you to accept half down till it gets here...Holy Crap,,,is this to unreasonable??

Earn your ratings in the market place! Hell I did!!!