RCU Forums - View Single Post - converting air to electric retracts.
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 05:07 AM
freelander-rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mustang,
I'm a newbie on r c universe and have been reading your thread with interest, I have also made my own electric actuators and converted a set of air retracts for a scratch built turbine jet, I have also made smaller actuators to operate the retract doors, you can see some images of these on my post, (All electric retract jet ) r c universe electric jet forum, I am not sure I can use an Arduino controller as I want to use the smaller actuators I have made to control the doors rather than servo's, of course the servo's have feed back to control the end stops, however my actuators are two wire from the motors,therefore I require a control to trip over current at the end stops of the actuators, I envisage using two Electron/ Xicoy retract controllers which integrate over current trip and an H bridge to change the polarity of the motors to reverse the next retract action, one RB 45 controller to operate the three retracts and a further one to control the door actuators the controllers will allow for a delay sequence for the retracts after the doors open,do you think this system will work , or could an Arduino be programmed for this operation without feedback from the door actuators.
I'm a retired mechanical engineer so not too sure about the electronics side, however any advice would be most appreciated.
Regards
Mike