RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution 62 EFI
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 07:29 AM
Pete Bergstrom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Truckracer
Throttle body injection.

Where is the pump? Where is the ECU? What about the engine itself? Not made by MVVS so is this just a new Chinese produced engine like most of the newer Horizon / Evolution offerings. Not really being critical here but I'm certainly curious for some of the answers. One thing I can guarantee, I won't be one of the early adopters / Beta testers.
I'll answer some of the questions here.

1. O2 sensors dont work with oil in the fuel - they would last about 20 minutes so we don't have one.
2. Manufactured at a dedicated Evolution engine factory in China to a US design from our Evolution design team.
3. The Throttle Body Electronic Fuelnjection carb is US made with some overseas components.
4. It utilizes a single 2S LiPo to power the EFI and the Ignitions sytem which are wired together.
5. The electronics package os mounted riht on the throttle body and includes inlet air sensors, throttle position senssors, case temperature sensors and rpm sensors.
6. It works by using an algorithm that takes the rpm and throttle position to descide on the fuel needed.
7. The EFI automatically senses load changes and compensates for different props and exhaust systems.
8. Built in automatically controlled choke so the start is to simply flip the prop (4-6 times) and the engine starts and continues to run properly. The extra fuel for the choke will automatically stop after 10-30 seconds depending upon the starting temperature of the engine.
9. The engine mounts, prop mount and exhaust mounts match that of a DA60 so you can utilize already purchased components.
10. prop range for the engine is 22 x 10 through 24 x 10. The best prop we have tested so far has been a Falcon Carbon 23 x 9.

Pete