RCU Forums - View Single Post - What was the worst RC accident you've had?
Old 01-13-2014, 04:17 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by collector1231
Oh geez. I have a non RC related crash that happened today. We had a club rocket launch, and on team 3s rocket's cord came out, and the whole rear section fell off. It spiraled into the ground; and landed like a lawn dart, undamaged too. It was the most amazing model rocket launch I've ever seen.
ahh model rocketry remember when I was into that many many years ago (no where near suitable to launch em for miles now)
had a 3 stage rocket remember launching it within literally 2 seconds couldn't see it anymore then like a minute later I suddenly just saw a fin sticking out of the ground. It went about half a foot under the ground(to the point the fins connected to it). Needless to say the rocket was trashed as the tube itself was partially crushed from the force it hit. As there was no engines in it or near it I'm guessing it flew to max height then plummeted back down after ejecting the last engine instead of launching the recovery equipment.

Also made a Klingon D7 Battle cruiser rocket that did a giant U turn into the ground at full speed that got totaled. I kinda quit rocketry after that(and as getting engines got a lot harder in the area)