RCU Forums - View Single Post - OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm on a rant here....and before you blast me..please read!!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I have 3 ratings here because most of the stuff I sell is in Canada. For the most part its just to much hassle with customs on both sides. When I purchase from the US I have it shipped to my US mailing service and pick it up when I am over there. I do cross the border at least once a week. I don't have a biz but I did work retail for some time and on occasion I am asked to dispose of estates. Some of which have been pretty extensive. Because the sale items are not mine and the cash does not belong to me but my reputation with both the seller and buyer is at stake I have to be very cautious in how the transactions are undertaken. I do not trade anything and I am not sure how I would work something like that out. I have purchased very little used that I have not done on a face to face encounter where I could inspect the item before buying. My needs hobby wise are small enough that for the most part I purchase new. I am not saying my way is better its just the way I feel most comfortable. I understand others may not agree or feel comfortable with my way and if they choose to do business elsewhere how can I complain. Everyone must find their own comfort level what ever it might be.

Something I have learned for instance is the simpler the arrangement the better. As soon as one side starts to impose conditions it opens the same opportunity to the other side which in most cases foul the deal and it goes south with both parties complaining about the other.

Ratings don't mean much as I have seen time and time again a person build good ratings on nuts and bolts transactions only to zap someone on a very high price item. Found the same person on another forum attempting to do the same thing to them there he was stupid enough to word his adds almost the same. I exposed the low life to the forum administrators and after investigating they closed his account.

I once purchased a pair of Bosch Colt Routers new from a fellow on line and they did not show up as expected. I tried contacting him several times until I was convinced I had been scammed and was about to give up. His wife contacted me shortly after the last email explaining he had gone in for emergency surgery and was making a slow recovery. She offered to try and help but his mail order business was in a bit of disarray. She said she could refund my money as she had the money order. I asked her to have him ship it to me as soon as he was able I could wait. It was only $105 including shipping. A month later I received the routers and two extra precision collets with his thanks for my patience. I only tell you this as a point that sometimes what happens is beyond our control and its no ones fault. Grown ups work these things out without going off the deep end.

When you post stuff like this your going to get many different replies many which will not agree with your point of view. I find on these forums many will take the opposing position just to foster an argument/discussion so take them with a grain of salt mine included.

Dennis