RCU Forums - View Single Post - OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm on a rant here....and before you blast me..please read!!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Before I even had an opportunity to belong to Paypal I watched a friend loose everything using their service. I don't know if things have changed but it was just to easy to get taken I felt. He had a set of Corvette outside exhaust I forget the year. They were used with some wear which he was upfront about. The fellow from the US wanted pictures so I took them and they were sent off. This is how I became involved my buddy did not have his own digital camera at the time. Long and short of the story is the price including shipping was agreed upon and the item was sent off. The buyer filed a claim stating the exhaust was not as advertised and my friends money and account were frozen. They had copies of the emails and pictures yet they found in favour of the buyer and the money was removed from my friends account. The buyer had refused to accept the shipment claiming there was damage it was his choice not to insure. The damage was confined to the packaging only according to the shipping company however if my friend wanted it back he would have to pay the return shipping. This second shipping charge together with the first was greater than the sale so he let it go. Out the cost of the shipping and the exhaust. A little searching finds this same guy was bidding on another identical exhaust system at the same time. It made us wonder if he got that one cheaper and just refused the first one. Flea Bay and Paypal were contacted neither wanted to pursue the investigation as far as they were concerned it had been closed.

That ended my interest in having a Paypal account. Make no mistake I can still use paypal as a guest to buy from Amazon or Flea bay if I need to I just don't open myself up to them being able to hold up funds from one of my sales.

Greg has made his on line system very simple and it works for him. Smart man. If I decided to purchase from him I could use Paypal as a guest which would suit him fine. Since I do not accept Paypal Greg would have to be satisfied with me refusing to go through Paypal. I certainly understand where he is coming from and I am ok with him having to withdraw his offer because I won't accept Paypal.

Remember until all is agreed upon price, shipping, method of payment and insurance there is no deal. Until there is a deal the seller is free to sell to the first one who agrees to his conditions of sale. If your attempting to get me to accept Paypal or a cheque and someone else meets my price and agrees to send a postal money order he gets the sale regardless if you were the first bidder or not.

Dennis