RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to hobby and looking for recommendations
Old 01-18-2014, 11:08 AM
jwager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be nice to the shops...

Originally Posted by Boostedeco
I plan on staying with the nimh packs but just going with a 5000mah. I noticed the factory charger that comes with the car is a 1 hour charger but I'm gonna assume that's with the stock battery and a bigger battery will take longer. However if/when I do buy the charger I will like to get one that charges all batteries types because like I said I plan on getting myself a nitro or brushless car and will run a lipo if i get a brushless.*

Since the local hobby shop has the torment in stock but $40 more than online I'm gonna call and see if they will price match or maybe throw in a free bigger battery.*
I would be very careful when comparing prices with the internet. Forty dollars savings in the short run might cost you a bit in the long run. I know that I buy from my LHS because when I'm in trouble they are the first to help me out. Might not have been the case if I dickered with them over forty dollars. This is a great hobby and I want it to be enjoyable, I don't want to treat it like another business transaction. I hope you are still enjoying it!