RCU Forums - View Single Post - Embracing new technologies
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 04:48 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
All it takes is a little MORE common sense and a little bit LESS "over zealousness" about this hobby to understand why you needed to take the action that you did. Before drone models arrived on the scene, were there ANY instances you know of where a flyer of "Conventional RC" was flying that far out of bounds on purpose...?
Your confused.
bruceal stated here,
"We have no problem with quadcopters and planes with cameras. But like I said, our field sits across from an active heliport, the largest marina on the east coast and a county park all on the shores of the Hudson River. We have a great view of it all at our field. The owner of the heliport had alot of doubt when we started up our field. They used to fly over it on their landing approach. I had him up to the field a number of times to show him that we fly in a specific area in front of the flightline and not beyond certain limits. After five years, we now have their trust that we are responsible and come down when we hear a helicopter approaching. In the past we did have some people flying FPV and they were unable to follow the rules. They weren't trying to break the rules but it did happen. In our case we just can't have that. We have competitive pattern fliers at the field that use up alot of air space as well as 42% stuff. They present no problem, so it's not like we live in a sterile environment. We as a club try to accomodate what we can. But I'm afraid that FPV is something that we cannot. Like I said, I don't know many people that would want to invest in FPV just to fly on the club field."
that he took action based on accidental flying out of bounds.

Maybe you're thinking of his other club, where someone flew out over the golf course.
But, that club, and a third cub he flies at, still allow FPV.
They don't allow pattern, no room for that, but FPV is ok.
Of course bruceal's club, the one he founded, is president of, and responsible for, allows pattern,
but not FPV.

Hope this clears it up for ya'.