RCU Forums - View Single Post - converting air to electric retracts.
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 09:06 AM
mustang493

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike at first glance i can't see why using one output for gear doors and one for the retracts won"t work. sounds like a good plan. It's been a while since I wrote the code for this but it would be simple enough to edit it. Have you attempted to writ any code yourself yet? I started with a simple 'bread board' and a couple of LEDs from maplins and played with some of the tutorials by Massimo Banzi, he invented the thing. Take a look on you tube and search for Arduino tutorial Massimo Banzi. You need to get a handle on the basics so you can understand what the code is saying. Once you have that basic understanding you won't need my help to modify the code. Also you'll need to have a good understanding of the code because you'll need to play with the settings in the code once you start to operate the gear with G effects and wind resistance. Have a go and when I get a bit more time i'll take a look at it again myself for you. Don't forget to look at the you tube videos links I put up, they explain what pins do what..

Further thought on this, you won't need to worry about how long it takes for the gear doors to open or close. the code will need to be written to actuate the gear doors first, once those motors have have hit the end stops and shut down then the retracts can operate. once they hit end stops (overload) then the gear doors can close if required.

Mustang

Last edited by mustang493; 01-21-2014 at 09:44 AM.