RCU Forums - View Single Post - Embracing new technologies
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 06:48 PM
littlecrankshaf
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
No, it's your leap of logic that makes that erroneous comparison.

I'm happy that the AMA is LIBERAL enough to allow the very dangerous stuff that we have already. It's pretty amazing to watch planes doing 200 MPH around pylon poles or flying combat at 120 MPH, with closing speeds of 240.. The saving grace is that 99.99% of all mishaps are within the confines of the designated flying areas. With drone capable RC the public and the law makers will have much less tolerance for having AMA endorsed planes that are designed to be flown out of bounds actually crashing out of bounds and doing harm..

You try to make a comparison to hot cars. Hmmm....I'm a hot rodder and every hot car I've ever owned has tested my "self control", each and every day, coming out of each and every full stop. It's a wonder that I've only been in the minor amount of trouble [engaging in a speed contest, reckless endangerment, exhibition of speed, speeding, modified exhaust] during the 40+ years I've been able to enjoy that hobby. Talk to any street rodder with a wheelie capable car and I'll bet most of them have done wheelies on the street. It's human nature to push your toys to the limit of their capabilities. Some folks have more self control than others, but imagine what the roads and highways would be like if EVERY car sold was capable of wheelies and 1/8th mile long burnouts.
Are you trying to tell me that the incidents of wreckless driving would not change...?
That seems pretty goofy...Most every car can exceed the highest posted speed limits...man, get out of the left lane and turn that left turn signal off...Dang!