RCU Forums - View Single Post - Embracing new technologies
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 12:35 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe
..... I believe that anybody who pays his dues to the club fully intends to act responsibly. To that end, I find banning the use of certain types of aircraft just because somebody might behave irresponsibly is not a good practice. Instead, irresponsible behavior must be punished and accidents should be accounted for and efforts made to prevent them. Actions such as thorough and careful prefilghts, spotters on duty and and other types of preventive measures are called for.

Consider the conservitard disasters of prohibition and the war on drugs. Both of these programs were disastrous. To the point that prohibition was repealed and now some states are allowing the legal use of marijuana for recreation purposes.
Of course a large percentage of AMA members who fly from club fields do their best to follow the rules, but a large percentage of "club flyers" break either the AMA rules or the club's rules every day. Don't kid yourself. With FPV any AMA card holder who is not flying at a AMA field knows that it's easy to "cheat" the rules and still be covered if something goes horribly wrong.
FPV spreads the dangers involved with this hobby much further out into the surrounding areas of the general population at a time when we need to look for ways to do a better job of confining our dangers and giving Big Brother fewer excuses to get involved with our sport.