RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM FW D-9
Thread: ESM FW D-9
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 04:40 AM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deadstick....I should warn you about using that red valve with no needles....
Yes it will work and that's what I ended up trying on the me-110 after the failure with deploying the gear.
The problem stems from the fact that the needle hole is now completely open and if the servo operating the valve doesn't close the valve all the way 100% in either direction, the valve just dumps out all your air.
This also happened on the me-110 causing a necessary belly landing during a warbirds over the Rockies show two years ago.....so two belly landings on that plane due to the red valve. on the ground, the servo operated the valve without issue and closed it off in both directions. But for some reason, it didn't once in the air....again...maybe vibration. It was a new futaba servo that was working the valve, so not a servo failure. maybe the O rings could have contributed.

One thing to remember about that tamjets failsafe device that Katniss mentioned is that it auto shuts off air after 15 secs no matter what...so a jammed valve(stuck slightly open) will not drain your air tank.
Seems like a good investment. I'm glad she linked to it because I had forgotten what it was called or where to get it because troybuilt used to have them, but doesnt anymore.