RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbico Accu-Cycle help (charging a JR 5 cell 2700mah 6 volt
Old 01-29-2014, 11:22 AM
CaptRKO
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aghost
Short answer is "No". However you indicated it is a new battery. It may take several cycles, but it should eventually get within 5-10% of 2700. Go ahead and cycle it a couple more times. The mah should increase.

6.95V - 7.0V is good for the 5 cell at full charge.

A .5 amp charge rate is OK. At this point a 0.6 - 0.8 amp would be OK. If you get too low (less than 10%), the battery never even gets warm and the peak sensitivity may not work. But at a low rate, 16hr, 20 hr, etc won't hurt the battery. That is a wall charger operation.

The Elite charger has a discharge cut-off setting choice 1.1 or 1.0V/cell. I generally use the 1.1V setting. However you can use the 1.0V setting and probably come closer to the manufacturers rating.

Brian

Brian,
Many thanks sir!

Just cycled another JR pack and it shows a charge time of 317 minutes and 2649 MAH. Which looks right on the money for a 2700 MAH pack. This was about the 3 rd cycle on the new pack.

I hope this thread helps others....as it seems many are confused as how this charging stuff really works.