RCU Forums - View Single Post - Embracing new technologies
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 03:14 PM
smeckert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see many great uses for fpv use in search and rescue , power transmission and farming . In some of these situations line of sight is possible , but controlable line of sight would not be possible . I think a lot depends on where the flying takes place . Growing up in farm country in Michigan , there are many areas that beyond line of sight could take place . If the aircraft is set up with the proper failsafe devices , gps home return etc. Than I don't see a problem . Is fpv beyond line of sight a good idea everywhere , no , but to ban it completely is just wrong.
My worry is that drone and fpv use will only be allowed by law enforcement and corporations , big money that us pee ons won't have access to.
And the beer delivery above , I don't agree but that should be their choice , and their legal and financial problem . America was a free country , where you could make your own choices , and people would mind their own business . Now if you don't like steak , nobody should eat steak .

Last edited by smeckert; 01-31-2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Phone auto correct