RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey JPEE,

You've got some good eyes to catch something like missing clevis retainers - thanks for the reminder. They actually were included I just pushed them forward b/c I thought I would have to do some adjustments after hooking up the radio. But they are on now. As you can see there was no flying today as it has been nasty cold and misting for the past 2 days. This weekend is looking promising. I tested out the unit on my Watt meter and the highest it drew was 17.5 amps...well below the 30 the esc is rated for. Plus with this plane being out since 2011 not too many reports of it falling out of the sky fried on a stock system - now guys that hop it up with a 4s and try to use the stock system that's another story.

That's great news for Joe. One thing I wanted to mention to you though, about a new plank pilot...don't set him on any kind of training schedule (in your mind). Just let him enjoy the time he gets to spend with you and progress at his own pace. If he seems 'off' on day and ok the next that could just be his learning style. The last thing you want is for this thing you guys have is to turn into a chore for him.

I know my first year flying planks I crashed a lot, lost site of my plane, got so frustrated with myself as one week I could nail a landing but the next botch it so bad that it required repair back at the hanger that night. But he's doing a superb job and getting the experience of using different flying areas and your being a great mentor (and grandfather!). Okay, I'll step down now...

Lets see...school breakdown for my son is: PreK - 5 is elementary, 6 - 8 is middle school, and 9 - 12 is high school. How strange thinking of my son in high school - he just turned 5 last month! lol

I don't think I got any video from you about AAA and D batteries. What did you do?

Have a great weekend and I hope the weather gives you a break.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Stinger 001.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	1964243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stinger 003.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	1964244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stinger 006.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	1964245  

Last edited by Aframomum; 01-31-2014 at 10:05 PM.