RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 03:56 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skids-RCU
Hello.

I have a question regarding replacement parts for my Saito FA-150 (engine code CC) and was hoping someone could help me out.

My FA-150 has a screw broken off in the cylinder (screw that holds the rocker mount to the cylinder) and I don't think I'm going to be able to extract it. I looked at the spare parts on Horizon and Advantage and these cylinders (engine codes CC and GG) have been back ordered for some time now. Horizon lists another cylinder under the FA-150, but it appears to be the one for the current model (engine code BI). However, it lists both engine codes BI and CC in the part description. The cylinder looks physically different. Does anyone know if the BI cylinder is interchangeable with the CC cylinder?

Thanks,

LB
There is absolutely no difference (dimensionaly) in the old style & the new style "B" engine cylinders.

The only difference is the case & cam housing. Everthing else is identical. this holds true for the Fa180 as well. I have used cylinders from "B" 180s on my early versions.

I have a used FA150 cylinder if you are interested. I took it off the engine that I built into the high compression FA180HC. Nothing wrong with it.

PM me if you are interested. I also have 4 pairs of used FA120/150 valves.