RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Avanti S Build Thread w/KT 180
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 07:58 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SMBJets
It doesn't need flap to land. Second flight it landed on nil flap and was very slow and controlled.
I honestly believe that you need to get in behind the blocks with Hysol for them to be secure. On the side of mine that didn't rip out, I pulled the block out relatively easily with multi grips, if it is really hard then use a heat gun to soften the glue and pull the block out. I used the dremel to remove all the hot glue from the blocks so the hysol has some direct wood to stick to.

I also had the gaps between the vertical ply and the block of 2-3mm, I closed these all up with the Hysol while the blocks were out.
So on the one that didn't rip out, you broke the tabs that index into the formers to get them out? My blocks have a pretty good sized piece of angle on the underside, I am going to cut a few rectangular pieces of 1/8" ply and put them in between the two bolt holes out to the edge. And load it up with hysol. Other than lack of glue fillets, this construction looks pretty sound, I went into the garage last night and stared at it for a while so I could think about it over night… not a lot of sleep with a one month old!

I like your heat up the glue trick to aid in removal!