RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 05:10 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
Wayne, as I understand it.. yes.. it grounds to cut, and open to on, so you should be able to put a connector on it and use the rsw the same as if you put it on the CB200..HOWEVER....it has a memory to whether it was on or off as I understand it.

try plugging a bind plug into your CB200 to see if it kills it. I used to do that with the power safe, just an extension and a bind plug to kill it..
I definitely noticed that when I unplugged the magnetic switch from my CB200 that it turned on which is why I assumed it worked the same as the power-safe receivers.

It's my understanding as well that the magnetic switch remembers it's state but that must be done within the magnetic switch module itself. It appears that the central box and presumably other devices that use the magnetic switch turn on / off based on whether or not the signal pin is grounded.

I just disconnected the magnetic switch from the CB 200 and verified that I could turn everything off/on by installing and removing a bind plug. Also verified that the magnetic switch maintained it's on / off state across being disconnected and reconnected.

I'm definitely going to add a connector to the MAX BEC switch wire and may even decide to continue using the soft switch from the power-safe receiver that was previously installed in this jet, simply to avoid making new holes in the model to suit the magnetic switch.