RCU Forums - View Single Post - Panzermodellbau Hermann INSOLVENT
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by MAUS45
I think the scenario could be this. Nils, like most small workshop vendors in our hobby, would take payment before he produced the product. He would use those funds to produce the product and what was left over was his profit. Now insert a middle man/company that takes the orders/funds. Maybe this middle man/company is holding the funds until Nils makes the product. Now all of a sudden the production funds/capitol is not there and Niles is left holding the bag to produce product from his own funds and is now waiting to be reimbursed his production cost and profit? Just a thought? It is tough to be a small workshop vendor. Hate to see this happen to someone who had an amazing product line.
I don't know Nils well but I have spoken with him in the past and his daughter has written in English on his behalf. My gut feeling is that he isn't the sort of person to cheat people.
I can be deceived as easily as the next guy but I just don't see it, call me naive. The products I purchased from him were quite excellent and at reasonable prices. Despite the
protestations of one previous poster above to the contrary his prices were reasonable before the useless, no value added overhead was added to them. I think I agree with what you wrote
Maus45 with the additional idea that Nils bought into the arrangement when sugarplums of increased sales must have been dangled in from of him as the middleman could have promised
they would buy up his production; recall the claims of exclusiveness by the middleman. I recall accounts of Nils being overworked and even a bout with heart issues or a serious illness at one
point. As I said I can be deceived, perhaps illness drove Nils to do previously unthinkable things....

Yes I believe there's more here than a simple tale of cheating.

Jerry