RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walt Moucha MARQUAT CHARGER Mk. II
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 10:04 PM
Sincraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walt Moucha MARQUAT CHARGER Mk. II

Ok, once again, man am I glad I found these forums.

I found this kit (as pictured in first message of this thread) sitting in a local hobby shop (actually a guys basement that sells outta there). He received about 14 Walt Moucha kits on consignment and this one was priced out at 64.99. I thought that to be a bit high priced considering I could get something with GOOD instructions, new and laser cut for around that much or a bit more. I looked at the Sig Hog and several other kits and figured that I would only be saving about 30-50 bux if I purchased this old kit. But something drew me to it once again. Left work early today to purchase this and now it sits on my coffee table, in the tattered original box, pieces as straight (from what I can tell so far) as the day they were packed. Hopefully complete.

My first kit was an Eagle II trainer, and I built that 12 years ago. Just started flying it last year (end of last year) and a few times this year. I wanted another build project and browsed the tower hobbies selection about a zillion times. Really gets me that ARF is as expensive as a kit once it is all built. I think kits should really be cheaper but hey.

I also researched , sorta, scratch or plan scratch building. I figured I would get some plans and buy the balsa myself. At this point when I found anything I liked the plans were like $15-40 bux! So, what the heck, I said for only 45 more I get the balsa in a box that is already cut. I love the instruction manual on this thing, short and to the point. :0

Anyway, wish me luck guys. Looks like a beauty.

OH please, could someone tell me what I should expect to put in this thing? The 'manual' states it requires a .60-.90 size engine. By old standards I would expect that a 60 by todays standards is more powerful than a 60 20+ years ago. Am I correct in assuming this? Any suggestions on a two stroke engine CHEAP I can put in this?

THANKS! And ALSO ANYONE that has this and has flown it...could you give me a heads up on how it flies?

S