RCU Forums - View Single Post - Biplane VS Monoplane
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flywilly
I grew up in New England and needed winters to get any building done. When I moved to Wilmington,NC in 1989 I loved being able to fly year round (in shorts!); at least the days were shorter; so I could get some building done at night :-)
I forgot about the Goldberg Jungmann. Yes, another great bipe from them. I would love to get my hands on a kit, but I haven't seen one for sale or on eBay in ages (and very infrequently even then). Dick Hanson designed one for the TOC back around 1980, but I don't think he kitted it. Flew great, too.

There was a company In the Salt lake area that kitted Hansen's Bucker. I had one. It was desgned to be very light for the power avaiable at the time, and the construction was very hybrid again for the time. I never built it, eventually gave it away. I remember talking to the guys from Goldberg at a long past Toledo show. Before they were bought. I ask about the Bucker. They told me it was probably their most unpopular kit. They said they made a first run of (i think) 150 kits and didn't sell 50, throwing the rest away??????? I had 3 of them. It was a superior flyer, too bad..

steve