RCU Forums - View Single Post - Biplane VS Monoplane
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 07:51 PM
deanz406
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will- Steve- and Brian, thanks for ur input and comments. Steve- You mentioned a Goldberg Jungmann, and I wanted to ask if that was a kit build, or did they offer an ARF. I ask, because last year there was a fellow from Fla who had one for sale here on this site. I just missed it, as someone else beat me to the punch. Having seen the pics he had posted, I made a copy of them for a reference. He did advertise it as a Goldberg, so I kept on the hunt for one. Well, last spring I went to the Lebanon, Pa Swap meet, not knowing how huge the venue was, and had my grocery list with me. Lo, and behold, I saw this little Bucker on a guys table, said he had a minor crash with it, and the only damage was to the cowl, and pulled the landing gear out. He had a tag on it with the caption "$20.00 for both". Well it was the exact plane I saw in the ad, do I just pulled out a $20, and handed it to him, I was so excited, I didn't even want to dicker the price. So, I picked up the fuse, and wings, and box of misc parts, and started to leave. He said "Wait a min", u have to take that plane too, both are $20.00. Next to it was a Goldberg Chipmunk, with only minor L/G damage. It was a lucky find, and i was just happy with the Bucker. My buddies just about fell over with my luck.
Now, here are a few pics of the Bucker, and i'm not sure who the mfgr is-- Goldberg, or someone else, as someone told me that Goldberg never offered the plane as an ARF. If u look at the construction, and materials used, it just makes me lean towards ARF, or did anyone offer a kit with the punched out wood like this has. Maybe one of u can ID the maker of this one. It has a 52" W/S. If anyone can recall this plane, with this color scheme as an ARF, please let me know. Thanks again fellows-- Dean
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3634.JPG
Views:	813
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	1969649   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3636.JPG
Views:	770
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	1969650   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3637.JPG
Views:	749
Size:	162.1 KB