RCU Forums - View Single Post - Biplane VS Monoplane
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 11:08 PM
deanz406
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again fellows-- Brian, I couldn't find any info or pics on the Charlie Powell Lady Fancy bipe, only a reference to RCM plans, and I do know they are having their issues from what I have heard and read about the plan services. Tim & takE, I think u got it right about Texas RC and CMP carrying that model, bummer that not too may Mfgrs are carrying any of the 40-60 size classic/scale bipes like the Bucker. Everyone seems to be drawn towards the Ultimate style, and I do understand because of the way they fly, and the individual pilots preference on planes. I know that there are scale kits still available, and I am an absolute fanatic about the Golden Era, and some of the most beautiful, and classic planes of that time- bipe, and monoplane. Steve, I'm going to definitely look for the Goldberg kit, and have seen them for sale occasionally. I'm going to the Lebanon, Pa swap meet in 2 weeks, and it's definitely on my grocery list.
Matt- I've been a builder for most of my RC life, and do enjoy the task, but the ARF industry has taken a lot of kit builders out of the picture. I guess with the technical age, and everyone wanting everything so soon, not too many into the task of learning to build.I see it a lot in our club, with the new breed of newbies coming into the hobby.
Well, I'll give u a glimpse of the future "AeroLakes" abortion that I'm going to undertake.

This is the pic of the donor Aeromaster that I will modify and convert to some resemblance of the Great Lakes 2T-1E. This is just before I stripped all the covering off. I have to remove the rudder and stab, and use them for an initial reference for size and shape of the new rudder and stab. After looking at the original pics, I may have to alter the wingtip shape to a little more rounded configuration, like the original. I'll keep u guys posted on progress, and post a few more pics. Once again, many thanks to all of u who are making this an interesting thread-- Dean
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3626.JPG
Views:	738
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1969902   Click image for larger version

Name:	history-plane-1-L.jpg
Views:	864
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1969903   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3621.JPG
Views:	801
Size:	145.5 KB