RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Building" an ARF or RTF (?)
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 11:56 AM
SushiHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Different strokes for different folks. For some of the less talented individuals in the world assembling an arf is building. So what, does it really matter? I do both and like them both, some of us don't have all the time in the world to devote to a hobby. Enjoy it in whatever form you like.
Yes, and that is just one of the many various reasons why some prefer to build & fly while other's choose to buy & fly. Also for a kid just starting off, I would suggest an ARF or RTF unless there are still people out there that do father/son projects. In my own situation I'm starting to not like how much time I'm spending building these planes plus I'm starting to get tired of all the dust generated from sanding and such. But the real deal for me is that 99.9% of what I like to fly is only offered in kits, such as like the SIG Kougar, Great Planes Patriot XL and a hand full of vintage birds like the SIG Komet, Futaba Aurora, etc. I've also been toying with the idea of getting a turbine aircraft. If I do go that route with a turbine a/c, for sure it will be something that's already been built, as I do not have any experiences with such power plants and airframes.