RCU Forums - View Single Post - For those who love World War Two Fighters
Old 02-19-2014, 10:08 PM
lawrence b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure thing, the first model is a Polish Lublin R-XIIID which was a observation plane that was used right up until Poland was overrun at the beginning of WWII. The model is 1/4 scale giving it a span of 132", weight is 26lbs, power is a Saito FG36 gas four stroke. It's covered in the old antique Coverite that you can't get anymore and paint is custom mixed colors by Klass Kote. It was built from my own plans using very standard construction methods except for a bit of welding on the landing gear and center wing struts.
The second Model is my newest addition which is a Fiat CR-32 Italian fighter. it is also from my own plans built to 1/4 scale, I used Peter Westburg 3 views to come up with this set of plans. Power is the big OS Max BGX glow, weight is 25lbs, span is 94" (I think?) . Its covered in Solartex unpainted antique fabric and then painted with Klass Kote epoxy. I did all the molds for the glass cowl and wheel pants.
The 109G-10 is a kit bash of American Eagle and Meister parts. It's 1/4 scale and powered by the good old G62. span is 98", weight is 38lbs, and its also done up in Klass Kote epoxy paint. I have been flying the 109 for over 3 years now and it has become my weekend "beater", I enjoy the way it performs so much I'm doing a 1/4 scale 109E-4/N from my own molds as a contest model.
I hope this helps a bit Phil,
Larry B
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	H3.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	558.0 KB
ID:	1970403  

Last edited by lawrence b; 02-19-2014 at 10:10 PM.