RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hydraulic Retracts
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent
John,
With out any gauges how did you determine the spring size/tension you are using in the robart cylinder?? I have a UMS system coming and plan on setting up a gear test on my bench but I would like to add the accumulater to the system. Where did you get the xicoy pump?? would a jetcat fuel pump work too??
Thanks,
Vin...
Vin

I tested the cylinder with its spring before filling it with fluid. I just used the normal air pump with its gauge to determine the psi I wanted to retract the gear. If you use a GEMS adjustable switch it is very simple to increase the pressure after it is filled if you find that you have set it too low. These switches are cheap and work well. I prefer them to the cylinder, but by all means have a play with using a cylinder. The only thing you will need from the UMS system will be the valve. The Xicoy pump is available from

http://www.xicoy.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=240

I guess that the Hausl pumps that Jetcat use would work just as well. I would try it and see how it works. The UMS one has a 'leaky' action and is not anywhere near as positive as the turbine fuel pumps. I only need a 2 cell 1100 may A123 pack for a number of cycles.

Do make sure that you use the stronger pipe though. Let us know how you get on.

John