RCU Forums - View Single Post - New virtual caller app for iPhone (and NOW, ANDROID TOO)
Old 02-24-2014, 12:27 PM
pvogel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well aware, thanks :-) That's part of why I test it in real field conditions (along with the noise aspect). BT is MUCH lower power than our TXs so there's no concern for the quality of connection to our planes (it would be more of a concern if the BT device were in the plane near the RX, but even then of minimal risk) -- though, of course, I did range check... So then we're left with a concern about the quality of the connection between the phone/tablet/ipod touch and the device (whether it be my custom BEL device or a BT headset) -- indeed, if you aren't careful about where your phone is (which, by the way, is ALSO using 2.4GHz to talk to the cell tower :-) relative to the earpiece (or BLE device) your TX, and your body, it is definitely possible for there to be enough interference to interrupt the connection between phone and device (when using a BT earpiece, you can hear the corruption in the sounds playing through the headset) but it's not hard to find an arrangement that works. Phone + Earpiece on right side of body, TX is tray style on harness slightly above waist level. Phone on right side of body at my belt, BLE device mounted under my TX, switch on top of TX both worked fine.

Peter+