RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gotham Hobbies "DEEZIL" the worst made engine in history?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:31 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somewhere tucked away in this forum (several years back) is a tale from Gary Edson about his trials and tribulations getting a genuine Deezil to run. As I recall, (he had several) there were two or three different crankshaft variants. I have one minus the complete carb assembly-but internally it is probably the same as rags-brass crankweb and rod-dunno about the gudgeon-I haven't had it apart. KEY INFO WARNING!!! I also acquired-at the same time-from the vendor-a set of original instructions-which specify a fuel comprised of 60% SAE No 70 or No 60 motor oil, and 40% ether-so a very 'thick' fuel mix with no kero at all. This may well be why people have so much trouble with them trying to run on modern diesel fuel-quite apart from the indifferent production quality....

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'

PS The Burford and CS ones run quite well-at least as good as an ED Comp Special-which is the same displacement so a direct comparison can be made. As paw080 said above-there's nothing wrong with the basic design......

Last edited by ffkiwi; 02-25-2014 at 07:35 PM.